Key Company Details
Contribution to Measurement Committees & Standards Development
Throughout the years, CEESI engineers have been heavily involved with a variety organizations involved in flow measurement and standards development. CEESI engineers have:
- Worked on writing/developing standards for AGA, ISO, and ASME
- Served on committees for ASGMT, ASME, ISO, AGA, GRI, API, GTI, NAFFMC, and AGMSC
- Taught presented/instructed at: ISHM, ASGMT, AGMSC, SGA, ISFFM, and MMSS
- Supervised flow measurement testing for portions of AGA 7
Major Calibration Test Areas
Iowa Natural Gas Facility
The facility in taps into a 42 inch line in order to run natural gas tests on a wide range of meters.
Wet Gas/Multiphase Facility
This facility can test a variety of fluid mixtures and is often used to help companies test new meter designs.
High Flow Pad
This outdoor air test stand can test massive meters with large flowrates.
This indoor test area can test meters with high flowrates; it is housed in what used to be a nuclear missile silo.
This large underground area houses a variety of test stands with a wide range of capabilities.
Our water lab can test a wide range of meters types on water.
This is another test area for for meters that must be calibrated at high flowrates.
Liquid Hydrocarbon Flow Calibration Facility
Built in 2015, this test facility can calibrate meters using liquids at multiple viscosities at low uncertainties.
Cryogenic Flow Calibration Facility
Brought online at CEESI in 2017, this facility can test meters using LN2 at -297°F to -315°F.
The Porter is used to test very small meters at very low flow rates.
We are accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP), which is an independent organization that recognizes quality program for compliance to national and international standards. Read more
Services by Meter Type
While we can calibrate any type of flow meter, we offer an even wider range of services for meter types including:
Company Timeline In Brief Full History with Pictures
- "Engineering Experiment Station" began at University of Colorado (1951)
- Laboratory operations moved to Nunn, Colorado (1966)
- Organization reincorporated as a for-profit company by Walt Seidl and Steve Caldwell (1986)
- CEESI began offering flow measurement training courses (1991)
- Wet Gas Test Facility in Colorado completed (1999)
- Iowa Natural Gas Facility completed (1999)
- CEESI hosts the 4th ISFFM as secretariat (1999)
- CEESI hosts the first Ultrasonic Meter Seminar (2001)
- CEESI hosts the 5th ISFFM as secretariat (2002)
- CEESI earns NVLAP accreditation (2004)
- CEESI hosts the 6th ISFFM as secretariat (2006)
- Wet Gas Test Facility upgraded to 4 inch system that can measure multiphase fluids (2007)
- CEESI Technical Library went online (2007)
- CEESI hosts the 7th ISFFM as secretariat (2009)
- CEESI Measurement Solutions (CMS) started (2011)
- Wet Gas/Multiphase Facility upgraded to 8 inch system that can measure multiphase liquids (2011)
- Calibrations services in Colombia added (2011)
- The Ultrasonic Meter User's Workshop is hosted in 3 countries for the first time (2011)
- CEESI hosts the 8th ISFFM as secretariat (2012)
- CEESmaRT incorporated and begins beta testing (2012)
- CEESI hosts its first ultrasonic workshop in Europe (2012)
- Water in Oil test area built (2013)
- Iowa natural gas facility upgrades low flow capabilities (2013)
- Wet Gas/Multiphase Facility upgraded to handle custom liquids (2013)
- CEESI hosts the 9th ISFFM as secretariat (2015)
- Liquid Hydrocarbon Flow Calibration Facility Built (2015)